Wednesday 3 November 2010

Christ I am truly truly terrible at updating this thing. My work for interpretation of text is going ... ish. Did lots of research and re-read Dorian Gray [Albeit speedreading, but whatever] After my last post I've been mainly compiling relevant research/images for my illustrations. Of which I have thus far completed only one. here's the sketch as I've not edited the coloured version yet:




Sybil Vane, after her suicide. I read that there are a lot of parallels between Sybil and Ophelia from Hamlet. I took advantage of this and looked at a lot of paintings of Ophelia, particularly "Ophelia" by John Everett Millais. I noticed the flowers strewn in the water about Ophelia and thought to incorporate them into Sybil's dressing room. Yellow roses are mentioned at the beginning of the book so I thought it best to add them in too. There's a lot of negative space in the sketch that I'll fill with relevant quotations from the book. wheeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment